St. Louis County Planning Commission Initiates 60 Day Public Review For Draft Amendment of Ordinance 60
St. Louis County Subdivision Ordinance 60 was initially approved by the County Board on March 27, 2012. It was their intent to continue to monitor the implementation of this new ordinance and bring forth needed revisions. After this initial period of review, the Planning and Community Development Department believes some additional revisions are necessary in order to allow for simple splits. The Department has also highlighted areas within the ordinance that need further clarification or corrective language.
The St. Louis County Planning Commission, on April 11, 2013, initiated a 60 day review for the purpose of receiving public comments on the proposed draft amendment of the St. Louis County Ordinance 60, Subdivision Regulations.
Timeline of Events in Drafting the Proposed Ordinance 60, Subdivision Regulations Amendment
· February 14, 2013 – Planning Commission subcommittee – directed staff to draft an additional avenue for lot splits that does not require platting.
· March 14, 2013 – Planning Commission Subcommittee – reviewed draft performance standard language.
· March 20 – April 1, 2013 – Staff drafted ordinance amendments.
· April 11, 2013 – Planning Commission subcommittee and full Planning Commission met to review the proposed Ordinance 60 amendment language.
· April 11, 2013 – Planning Commission initiated the proposed amendments and requested a 60 day public review period.
· April 16, 2013 – All cities and towns are informed of the proposed amendment and information is posted on the county website.
· June 13, 2013 – Planning Commission will hold a public hearing to consider public comments on the proposed draft.
· July – August 2013 – County Board will consider proposed amendments
Please submit comments by June 1, 2013. The Planning Commission will consider all public comments and public testimony at a hearing on Thursday, June 13, 2013.
Ordinance 60 - Proposed Draft Amendment
Ordinance 60 - Adopted March 27, 2012
St. Louis County
Planning and Community Development
307 1st Street South, Suite 117
Virginia, Minnesota 55792